Friday 3 June 2011

Setting up a home photography/video studio - Jan's

Because the pain in my spine limits how much i can do physically at TAFE, I decided to research online for DIY cheap ways to set up a home photography/studio.

According to a Youtube video (see previous video on my blog) I went and bought the below items:

I went to Mitre 10 and they have 500wt Halogen Lamps (twin lamps on 1 adjustable stand) for only $30. So I bought 2 as the research I've done says to have 2 front lights at 500wt and 1 back light at 250wt to light up the green screen. Unfortunately the 2 lamps on the 1 stand can't be separated and so I'll just remove the bulb from 1 so that I have only 500wt and not 1,000 on each stand....still that's REALLY cheap!! Also bought a 10 pack of A clamps for only $10.

I went to Spotlight and bought 2 metres of wide bright green cotton fabric for my green screen. I have an old clothes rack that i can use to hang it from.

When I've set it up, I'll upload some photos of my home studio (so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment